Compass Ag Solutions was created with one goal in mind - to
improve the quality of life for people in agriculture by helping
them build and implement business and risk management strategies
that are consistent with their core values and risk tolerances. We
have never strayed from that goal and as Compass Ag Solutions was
born, took shape and then launched, all the pieces that were needed
to reach that goal came to fulfillment.
Compass owner and principal Jason Kraft had a vision to combine
traditional ag risk strategies (futures hedging), unwavering
personal and professional core values and state‐of‐the‐art
technical tools and resources into a company that would offer the
very best in business and risk management strategies for today's
Volatility is nothing new in agriculture, but the range and
scope of that volatility has increased exponentially over the past
few years. Without reliable and thoughtful strategies to manage
risk and change, it's hard for agribusinesses to stay afloat at
times. Compass Ag Solutions is a trusted industry partner to help
you navigate the roads and days ahead and arrive safely.
Our staff has a vested interest in the cattle industry, and a
unique perspective to managing risk. At Compass Ag Solutions, we
- You cannot manage what you cannot measure.
- Knowing one's position is primary to any risk management
- A successful risk management strategy must align with the
overall goals of each individual company.
- "Risk management" refers to the actual process of identifying
the right amount of risk for each firm in relation to their goals
and restraints and is not simply a justification to trade.
- Our goal is to get the right information to the right people at
the right time to make the right decision.
- A "one size fits all" approach to risk management is not
- We are passionate about the cattle feeding industry but
dispassionate about the risk management decision making
- Simplicity on the front of complexity is disastrous; but
simplicity on the back side of complexity is priceless.
- There is a difference in doing business with ethical experts in
the cattle industry.